Solved: I printed out my return to be mailed. Does all the paperwork go to the irs or does some paperwork go to the state of California?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirchadwick77

I printed out my return to be mailed. Does all the paperwork go to the irs or does some paperwork go to the state of California?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TerryA
Level 7

I printed out my return to be mailed. Does all the paperwork go to the irs or does some paperwork go to the state of California?

The printout contains filing instructions for your federal return, printed just before your federal return. Then the TT/State prints out right behind its own filing instructions.

Sometimes a copy of the federal return prints out behind the California return, and if it does then that copy federal return is mailed along with the Calif return to Sacramento.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TerryA
Level 7

The printout contains filing instructions for your federal return, printed just before your federal return. Then the TT/State prints out right behind its own filing instructions.

Sometimes a copy of the federal return prints out behind the California return, and if it does then that copy federal return is mailed along with the Calif return to Sacramento.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings