margaretgenevaha

I printed my tax return. I have changed my mind and would like to pay for it to be electronically sent. Is there anyway for me to log back in and do this.

When I did my tax with TurboTax free I chose to print my return.  Now I would like to pay and electronically file my Federal and State returns.  Can this be done?  Thanks

Rachel_W

Yes, as long as you haven't already mailed your Tax Returns, you can change your mind and e-file them.

In order to change from mailing your Tax Returns to E-Filing your Tax Return, please follow these instructions:

• Login to your TurboTax Account 
  • Scroll down to the bottom of your page and click on the blue box "Add a State" (You are not actually adding a state but this gets you to the correct menu)
  • Click "File" from the left side of your screen
  • Click "Start" next to Step 3 
  • Click "I'd Like To Change Filing Methods"
  • Choose "E-File" then click "Save"
  • Click "Continue"
  • From here you can walk through the steps to E-File your return(s)
  • Finally, you will come to the screen with the Transmit Returns Now button. This will electronically file your selected returns.

Note: If you have already mailed your Tax Returns, DO NOT E-FIle them as this will just cause confusion with the IRS.

Rachel_W

• Login to your TurboTax Account 
  • Click "Start" next to Step 3 
  • Choose "E-File" then click "Save"
  • Click "Continue"