@Dkeys2 You can change to e-file as long as you have not mailed in your return.
How do I change from mail to e-file in TurboTax Online?
If you printed your taxes to mail them in and went all the way through the File section, when you sign in to TurboTax Online you'll see the Way to go! You filed your 2020 taxes and you won't see a way to change to e-filing.
As long as you haven't already mailed your 2020 paper return, you can switch to the e-filing method (through October 15, 2021). However, some states now require e-filing, which means the federal and state must be e-filed together.
If you already mailed your return, don't e-file. This can cause problems with the government, including refund delays.
- In TurboTax Online, sign in to your account.
- Select Tax Home in the left menu.
- Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
- Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right area).
- Select File in the left menu (expand your browser window if you don't see this, or select the menu icon in the top left corner).
- On the Just one more step screen, follow steps 1 and 2 if you haven't already.
- Select the Start button to the right of Step 3.
- On the Let's get ready to e-file screen, select I want to e-file.
- Follow the instructions to e-file your return.
YAY!!!!!Thank you so much VolvoGirl! I was finally able to do it this way (Add another State, no you dont need to add another state but it lets you open up your documents and change your filing opiton). After all the TurboTax support chat i wasn't getting any answers. Shame that the support staff has no clue there is no File Tab or Tool.