turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I posted my efile and my debit card was charged, but my efile was rejected. I read that a credit/debit card wouldn’t be charge unless an efile was accepted. Would it return to my card or would I

Also, I fixed the problem, but now it say I owe more money than I actually currently have. Would they still have it pending indefinitely until it accepts?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I posted my efile and my debit card was charged, but my efile was rejected. I read that a credit/debit card wouldn’t be charge unless an efile was accepted. Would it return to my card or would I

OK ... you are mixed up between the TT fees being paid  and the fed/state balance due being paid .... the TT fees are charged to your account the moment you buy the program.   The fed/state balance dues are only charged when the fed/state successfully accepts and processes the returns.  What you have is a pending  charge on your account that will not happen since the return was rejected .... and to resend the return the CC needs to be reset ...

Looks like you are going to need to do a Credit Card Reset. That way we can reset it in our system and call the vendor the IRS uses to accept credit card payments and have them drop the pending charge.

In order to do this you will need to contact us via phone (because this is a public forum we we cannot collect personal info here), and we will need to gather the following information:

·         Name

·         Social Security Number

·         Date of Birth for the Primary Taxpayer on the return

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

After you click the link above, enter the question: "I need to reset my credit card" in the "Ask your question" box. Click "Submit" and on the resulting page click the big "CALL" button at the bottom of the screen.

This is an old post and no longer accurate. The payment screen is still misleading and inaccurate. 

You will be double charged with a pending g charge  if you run your card again. If the IRS accepts the first charge, and they may, you may be waiting for the second to cancel or be returned 3 or more weeks later.

These are the facts from a call with TurboTax and the IRS. If money is tight, best to send a check with a note to cancel the pending card transaction and use the check.

Good luck.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies