jwkatjes

I pay an annual fee to a membership in a preventive health care program that my Primary Care Dr. is associated with (MDVIP) is that a deduction?

JohnW15

Generally such fees aren't deductible, even though they might help improve your general health.

Deductions for exercise, fitness programs or swimming classes aren't acceptable unless the doctor recommends them as a specific treatment for a specific health problem.

If this is the case, however, have a prescription or written note from your doctor and keep it with your tax records, just in case the IRS asks.

JohnW15