Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

It's saying I must pay to upgrade to deluxe because I have Shedule 3 nonrefundable credits but I do not! How do I make it stop trying to force an upgrade?

I looked through a list of the schedule 3 nonrefundable credits and not a single one of them applies to my refund. I hit start over and did everything all over again. It still says that I have to pay. I'm not going to pay $40 for no reason. Before I go to another tax site and start over again, is there something I can do to get rid of this obvious cashgrab on turbos part?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It's saying I must pay to upgrade to deluxe because I have Shedule 3 nonrefundable credits but I do not! How do I make it stop trying to force an upgrade?

One last update so people know how much of a scam turbo tax is now. I hit upgrade, and then it also adds the charge for state refund. After deducting both charges from my full refund, it comes out to the same amount as the free file does with the smaller return. So I'm guessing they automatically deduct that money from the free file version so they make their money either way. Intuit lobbies millions of dollars to keep tax returns difficult and costly so it's no wonder they're scamming the public as well. Find another way to do your taxes, people. Turbo tax is a rip.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ChristieB

When you view your list of forms, is Form 2441 also there?

1.) Tax Tools
2.) Tools
3.) Delete a Form

No, I don't see that on the list.

Funny... I set up a free file account and put in all the same information and now my state refund is less... $119 on the regular, $43 on the free file. So basically I would make more money if I just paid to upgrade to deluxe. Sounds like a huge scam from turbotax. This is just ridiculous.

I paid the upgrade for myself and for my son. I refuse to pay again. I will go to a tax preparer that is honest with me about what she will charge me. I have used TURBO TAX rip off for the last time.

One last update so people know how much of a scam turbo tax is now. I hit upgrade, and then it also adds the charge for state refund. After deducting both charges from my full refund, it comes out to the same amount as the free file does with the smaller return. So I'm guessing they automatically deduct that money from the free file version so they make their money either way. Intuit lobbies millions of dollars to keep tax returns difficult and costly so it's no wonder they're scamming the public as well. Find another way to do your taxes, people. Turbo tax is a rip.

Credit Karma is 100% free and NO mention of schedule 3 non-refundable credits.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies