hscuba

I paid my taxes in full last year and multiple years before without penalty . Why am I being told I have a $17.00 penalty for not paying my quarterly tax on time?

HelenC12

Please see the TIP in the following TurboTax FAQ to possibly remove the $17 penalty: Why am I getting an underpayment penalty if I'm getting a refund?

dhayner123

This is saying I owe $17.00 in penalty for under payment of estimated taxes.  I receive W2.  Never filed estimated tax form

MaryK1101

Sadly, you can also get the underpayment penalty if you do not have enough tax withheld from your paychecks because you had too many exemptions.  You can and should go to Form W-4 and Your Take-Home Pay to determine if you should have taxes taken out.  

@dhayner123