Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I owe a balance for 2015

Will IRS just keep my refund or is there a way to have refund posted to what I owe?
1 Reply
Level 15

I owe a balance for 2015

If you owe the IRS for back taxes, your 2016 refund will be taken to apply toward the balance you owe.  You do not need to enter anything about it on your tax return; the IRS knows and will take care of it automatically.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings