Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jhintze12

I never filed my 2017 tax return. When I filed for my 18 return it did ask a couple questions on my gross inc on the 17 but that was it, is it too late to file for my 17?

I am new to filing taxes, didn't know I had to file in 17 but didn't make that much so I don't think ill be penalized. But I didn't think to add this w-2 when filing for my current w-2 (which is with a different employer). When I filed my 18 return it did ask one question about how much I earned on my 17 return and said I could get my 17 tax return but when the page was done downloading it just continued to file for my 18 taxes and my amount didn't go up or change, so is there a way to file for my 17 return still or no? if possible can I do it through turbo tax or will I have to go to someone in person?? 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

I never filed my 2017 tax return. When I filed for my 18 return it did ask a couple questions on my gross inc on the 17 but that was it, is it too late to file for my 17?

Yes, it is possible to prepare your own 2017 Tax Return using TurboTax.  You can purchase and download the software for 2017 to prepare the return and then mail it to the IRS.  Only your current year Tax Return can be done with TurboTax Online. 

You have until 4/15/21 to file your 2017 Tax Return or you will not be able to claim any refund that you are due for that year.

Here is link to previous years product options:  TurboTax Previous Years Products.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies