Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to speak to someone immediately about the fees for my taxes you charged me 231 when I was supposed to be charged 180

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need to speak to someone immediately about the fees for my taxes you charged me 231 when I was supposed to be charged 180

TurboTax Support is not open in the middle of the night.  But you can reach them after 5AM Pacific (8AM Eastern.)  I'll tell you how to reach them below.

Did you use TurboTax Live?   That's what is shown next to your screen name above.   If so, it is 149.99 for Federal and 36.99 for State, which would total 186.98 if paid upfront by credit/debit card.

However, if you chose to pay those fees out of the Federal refund, the service fee is an additional 39.99 (44.99 for California filers.)

So if you used those 3 things, the fees in TurboTax Live would be either 226.97 or 231.97 (California), plus possible sales tax where applicable.

That may explain your $231 fee if you chose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund.

Or if you didn't pay the fees out of the Federal refund, did you purchase the optional Max Benefits at 44.99?

If neither scenario explains your situation and you still need to speak to TurboTax Support, here's how:

FAQ:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TurboTax Support is not open in the middle of the night.  But you can reach them after 5AM Pacific (8AM Eastern.)  I'll tell you how to reach them below.

Did you use TurboTax Live?   That's what is shown next to your screen name above.   If so, it is 149.99 for Federal and 36.99 for State, which would total 186.98 if paid upfront by credit/debit card.

However, if you chose to pay those fees out of the Federal refund, the service fee is an additional 39.99 (44.99 for California filers.)

So if you used those 3 things, the fees in TurboTax Live would be either 226.97 or 231.97 (California), plus possible sales tax where applicable.

That may explain your $231 fee if you chose to pay the fees out of the Federal refund.

Or if you didn't pay the fees out of the Federal refund, did you purchase the optional Max Benefits at 44.99?

If neither scenario explains your situation and you still need to speak to TurboTax Support, here's how:

FAQ:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300041

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies