rlaskgus0618

I need to send a California Tax Return to franchise Tax Board.Do I have to attach Federal Tax Return and w2 when I send it?

IsabellaG

Please see page 19 of this link for how to assemble your California Tax Return.

You would need to attach your W-2s.

Here are the instructions for if you need to attach your federal return:https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2015/15_540ins.pdf

Other than Schedule A (Form 1040) or Schedule B (Form 1040), did you attach any federal forms or schedules to your federal Form 1040?

If No, do not attach a copy of your federal Form 1040 return to Form 540.

If Yes, attach a copy of your federal Form 1040 return and all supporting federal forms and schedules to Form 540.

Exception: If you did not itemize deductions on your federal tax return but will itemize deductions on your California tax return, complete and attach a copy of the federal Schedule A (Form 1040) to Form 540.

Do not attach any documents to your tax return unless specifically instructed. 

IsabellaG

You would need to attach your W-2s.

bonniekakinami

Do I need to send my federal tax return with my california tax return