j-bran

I need to list unemployment compensation from 1099-G, but the choices in turbo tax do not apply to unemployment. What do I do?

AnthonyC

It sounds like you might be in the wrong section.  There can be multiple types of 1099G payments and there are two sections - one specifically for unemployment and one for all other 1099G payments.  So you will want to enter unemployment using the following steps -

• Log into your account and hit Take Me to My Return (must click this before searching)
  • Click the search icon in the top right-hand corner of your screen (magnifying glass)
  • Search for "unemployment compensation
  • Click the "jump to unemployment compensation" link that appears.

Note:  Each state does their 1099G a bit differently, so the box numbers may not match exactly what TurboTax has listed, so just enter the information as it corresponds to your form (i.e. box 4 for Federal income tax withheld may not show on your form as box 4 but the amount of federal tax withheld, if any, would be listed on your form)

AnthonyC

• Search for "unemployment compensation