Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I need to find a copy of Schedule SE form so I can print it and send it to IRS. When I search I get no results? Where can I find this Schedule SE form?

IRS says:

If you don't include all the supporting forms and schedules, your amendment will be returned to you.

It's up to you to do that; TurboTax won't check for you and tell you what is new or changed.

You must attach any form or schedule that is new or changed.

Don't send everything. Send what they asked for.

Don't send extraneous material unless IRS asked for it.

Fiveboys20
Returning Member

I need to find a copy of Schedule SE form so I can print it and send it to IRS. When I search I get no results? Where can I find this Schedule SE form?

I got a 1099 nec do I file self employment although I am not  concerted self employed

@Fiveboys20 wrote:

I got a 1099 nec do I file self employment although I am not  concerted self employed

Almost everyone who gets a 1099-NEC is self-employed, even if they don't have a formal business.  If you are an independent contractor, subcontractor, this is a side gig, etc., then you are self-employed.  If this money was compensation for a service you performed or a product you supplied, it is usually self-employment income.

The IRS will also assume that any money reported on a 1099-NEC is self-employment.  If you declare it as "other income" (such as from a prize or hobby), then you can expect to get a letter from the IRS telling you that you need to include a Schedule SE to pay self-employment tax, and they will include a bill for tax plus interest.  You would then have to reply to the letter with your own explanation and documents proving this was not self-employment income. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies