ryo2640

I need to file for 2017

I need to file for 2017

How do I prepare a prior-year tax return?

If you need access a TurboTax Online return that you already filed, we've got instructions for that.

If you started an online return but didn't complete it before the mid-October shutdown, we can help you finish it.

Tax years 2015, 2016, and 2017

1.    Select your TurboTax product for the year you'd like to file. (Unfortunately, TurboTax Online is only available for the current tax year.)

2.    Select your operating system.

3.    Purchase your TurboTax product.

4.    Download and install your TurboTax product.

5.    Complete your return in TurboTax. We'll guide you through the process.

6.    When finished, print and file a paper return through the mail. (Prior-year returns cannot be e-filed.)

Tax years 2014 or earlier

We no longer sell TurboTax products for 2014 and earlier tax years. You can download prior-year forms and instructions from the IRS website.

To access a TurboTax Online return that you already filed, see this FAQ instead.

If you started an online return but didn't complete it before the mid-October shutdown, go here for instructions on how to finish it.

Related Information:

·         How do I access my prior year (2017) return?