turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

I need to file an extension.

I can't access the internet and I would like to speak with a specialist
1 Reply

I need to file an extension.

How do I file a FEDERAL extension (Form 4868) in TurboTax Online?


How do I file a STATE extension ?


You can also get the form from the IRS and your state web sites ... but no one but you can file this for you ... so talking with anyone at TT is futile.  Also you don't need to file an extension if you are getting a refund. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question

Related Content

Manage cookies