Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I need to file a tax extension?

2 Replies
New Member

I need to file a tax extension?

You will find this option in Turbo Tax. 

Federal Taxes/ Other tax forms / File an extension

Click Start,  and TT will walk you through it. If you think you will owe taxes, you will have to send an estimated amount, ot else there will be a penalty. If you don't think you will owe anything, then, just file the extension.

Expert Alumni

I need to file a tax extension?

To file Form 4868 to request an extension on time to file your tax return, select your situation:

Keep in mind: An extension doesn't give you extra time to pay your taxes, but it'll keep you from getting a late filing penalty. (You'll still owe interest if you pay after the deadline.)



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings