Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to edit Schedule D of Form 8949 from my Fidelity account, since it didn't import the adjusted costs. It only imported proceeds, so need to add the Ordinary Income

I need to manually add Ordinary Income Reported so that my Adjusted Gain/Loss is accurately reflected in my Form 8949. How do I edit?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I need to edit Schedule D of Form 8949 from my Fidelity account, since it didn't import the adjusted costs. It only imported proceeds, so need to add the Ordinary Income

That's not correct. I figured it out.

You have to go to the top right of your screen and click the magnifying glass. In the search box, enter 1099b. Once you do this, click on the first result, Jump to 1099b. You will be able to review and edit from there.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

You'll need to edit each transaction manually to enter the adjusted cost. Once you do that, TurboTax will update Form 8949 and Schedule D.

To update or delete information you imported in TurboTax Online:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. From the menu, select Federal.
  3. Then, select Wages & Income.
  4. On the Wages and income screen, select the Edit button next to the item you would like to update or delete.

In the TurboTax CD/Download software, you can delete imported items as follows:

1. Open your return.
  2. From the TurboTax File menu, select Remove Imported Data.
  3. Select the item(s) you want to remove and follow the instructions.

Caution!

Changing information you imported can be problematic. For example, if you're audited you'd have to explain why the numbers on your return differ from the original data source. If you must update or delete items, be sure to keep detailed notes with your tax records.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That's not correct. I figured it out.

You have to go to the top right of your screen and click the magnifying glass. In the search box, enter 1099b. Once you do this, click on the first result, Jump to 1099b. You will be able to review and edit from there.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies