I need to add form 8814 to add child’s AK PFD
Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I need to add form 8814 to add child’s AK PFD

1 Reply
Level 3

I need to add form 8814 to add child’s AK PFD

See this, from TurboTaxAmyW:

To Enter your Alaska PFD, follow the steps in the article below:

If this was for your child, then you have two options with the Permanent Fund Dividend, and can choose the option which will benefit you most:  
1.  If your child's total unearned income, including the PFD was between $1,050 and $2,100 you can choose to include it in your return by filing form 8814 (Parents' Election To Report Child's Interest and Dividends) with your return. Unearned income includes interest and dividends (including capital gain distributions), as well as the Alaska Permanent Fund dividends.
To find the entry point for Form 8814 in Turbo Tax, click on Federal Taxes (on the top menu bar) and then Wages and Income.  When the page opens, scroll down to see the list of all income items (or Jump to Full List, if the full list isn't displayed).  Open the very last section, Less Common Income and select Child's Income (Under Age 24).  

2.  If your child's PFD negatively impacts your tax return, you can choose to file a separate return for him or her. 

Dynamic Ads
Privacy Settings