To generate CA Form 5808, Underpayment of Estimated Taxes, please follow these steps:
- If you are going through the interview for the CA return, but haven't yet completed it, you will come to a screen, Underpayment Penalty. Click the Yes box
- Continue through the interview, enter the requested information.
- If you have finished the CA interview, go back into your CA return.
- On the screen Your 2018 California taxes are ready for us to check, click the Edit box next to Other Situations.
- In the Other situations section, click Start/Revisit next to Underpayment Penalty.
- Click Yes on the next screen and continue through the interview.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
You can verify that CA Form 5808 is part of your return using the following steps:
You can print or preview your return. [Unless you are using TurboTax Free you will have to pay for the return before printing.] To print your return:
- Click on TaxTools > Print Center in the black bar at the side of your screen.
- On the TurboTax Print Center screen, click Print, save or preview this year's return.
- In the Choose your option: box, select Forms filed with the government (recommended).
- Click on the Print icon. When the print screen comes up you can select the pages to be printed or just view them.
- Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar.
- In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click on Form 5808 in the California section.
- To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.