I need help please
Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Returning Member

I need help please

2 Replies
Returning Member

I need help please

urgent in my information there is an error or account number there is an error

Employee Tax Expert

I need help please

Looking to find your direct deposit bank account information? Go here for instructions.


In most cases, once the IRS has accepted your return (or you've already mailed it), there's not much you can do.

If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check.

If you entered a valid (but incorrect) account number not belonging to you, usually there's nothing to worry about, as many banks won't deposit tax refunds into accounts where names don't match up. You can try calling the IRS to stop the direct deposit, if your return hasn't posted to their system yet (and you're willing to get your refund via paper check). For security reasons, the IRS cannot re-route your refund to a different account.


If you haven't filed yet, you can still change your bank account info for direct deposit.


On filed returns in pending status, wait until it's either accepted or rejected before taking action. If rejected, you can update your account and any issues that caused the rejection. Open your return in TurboTax and go through the File section again to update your bank account before re-submitting your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings