Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

I need help filing my 1099M form.

4 Replies
Returning Member

I need help filing my 1099M form.

can I add my

do I add my 2W and 1099M to my regular return?

New Member

I need help filing my 1099M form.

If my employer gave me a 1099M which is correct as I am independent labor, DO I still fill out W2 information??

Expert Alumni

I need help filing my 1099M form.

I suspect that you received an IRS 1099-Misc form.  Is there income reported in box 7 of the form?


You did not enter it as if it were a W-2.


Please see this TurboTax Help for information how to report the income as self-employment income.



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Level 15

I need help filing my 1099M form.

A 1099Misc or independent contractor is self employment income.  You can enter Self Employment Income into Online Deluxe or Premier but if you have any expenses you will have to upgrade to the Self Employed version.


How to enter income from Self Employment


Or There is also The Turbo Tax Free File program which is free for federal and state.  And has more forms than the Federal Free Edition, like Schedules A, B, C , D, E, F, EIC, H, K-1, SE,  etc.


To qualify for the Free File website  you just need to meet one of these 3 things.

AGI $36,000 or less.

Active duty military with AGI of $69,000 or less

OR qualify for EIC (earned income credit.)


In order to use the Free File program, you have to start it at a special website.  Click on the Orange button I Qualify, Let's get Started


How to switch to the Free File website


Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings