Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

icepack
Returning Member

I need a local CPA San Mateo County, CA who can import my TurboTax 2018 and finish my NOL from 2017

I need a local CPA in San Mateo County, CA who can import my TurboTax 2018 and finish my NOL from 2017. The forms are not supported on the purchased version. Can anyone help in a local office?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I need a local CPA San Mateo County, CA who can import my TurboTax 2018 and finish my NOL from 2017

Look in the phone book for a CPA.   TurboTax is a self-prepared tax return software and not licensed for professional use.    CPAs might or might not be able to read a TurboTax .tax2017 data file depending on what the capabilities of the professional software that the CPA uses.   Most CPAs or other tax professionals will not deal with a TurboTax tax file but want a paper copy of your 2017 tax return - ask the CPA of your choice.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
icepack
Returning Member

Need a CPA who uses intuit products Pro-connect or Lacerte.

Sorry we can't help you. Use your phone and start calling up CPAs and ask them.

Ask around for CPA recommendations from your friends, neighbors, relatives, fellow employees, employer, the folks at your church, etc. then check with some they've recommended to see if they can do what you want.

Just a reminder:  "CPA" does not necessarily equal "tax professional".   Many CPA's do not deal with personal tax at all and only deal with businesses or other types of accounting.  Many offer general accounting services and are far from being tax experts.  An alternative is to look for an EA (Enrolled Agent) who is registered with the IRS and usually has vast tax knowledge.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies