Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I manually uploaded ALL my form offline TurboTax documents MANY years ago. WHERE DID THEY GO? I was under the impression my archives are mine. Forever.

I literally used the my documents for uploading .tax files and .pdf files for about 8 years worth of TurboTax submissions so I would not have to worry about a computer or bad actors on other storage sites. Now it appears Intuit has refreshed the website as if I was new. And no, I didn't use or have a different login. And I do recall when Intuit went to a single sign on for all their product offerings. It worries me when I trust this company to keep all my documents regardless of whether I used online or CD back in the day. When I upload a document from 2014, I expect it to STAY PUT.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I manually uploaded ALL my form offline TurboTax documents MANY years ago. WHERE DID THEY GO? I was under the impression my archives are mine. Forever.

Terrible service, right? I filed on line with Intuit a few years ago, and it was all gone the following year. Fortunately I kept a copy of a PDF, otherwise it would have been a disaster. So, I never did that again. I keep my records in several places, including two PCs and two thumb drives, one in my car's trunk in a waterproof container. Maybe you can do something like that?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You can print tax returns prepared using the TurboTax online software going back seven years. That doesn't include the source documents such as W-2 and 1099 forms though. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies