Solved: I made <$300 working as a Lyft driver on top of a salaried position. I received a W-2 from my salaried position and year end report from Lyft. Do I claim my Lyft income?

sarahtalcott

I made <$300 working as a Lyft driver on top of a salaried position. I received a W-2 from my salaried position and year end report from Lyft. Do I claim my Lyft income?

I did not make enough money with Lyft to receive a W-2, so I am wondering if this means I do not have to claim this income on my taxes. 

KarenJ

You must claim all your income, even if it is not on a W-2.

Your Lyft income is considered self-employment income and is reported on Schedule C.

You can use the Deluxe or Premier versions to claim self-employment income but not expenses.  You will be prompted to upgrade to TurboTax Self-Employed online if you have expenses.

KarenJ