Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I made less than $500 via Upwork.com as a freelancer last year, but they won't be sending any forms. How do I report the income under the self-employed section?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Heather14

I made less than $500 via Upwork.com as a freelancer last year, but they won't be sending any forms. How do I report the income under the self-employed section?

If your employer does not send you a 1099-MISC, but you should have received one, you will need to enter this information into the 1099-MISC selection (which will generate a Schedule C - related to Self-employment income)

Missing 1099-MISC workaround:

ONLY do the following if you will NOT be receiving a FORM 1099-MISC but you need to report cash/income as Self-employment Income:

To enter this transaction in TurboTax Online or Desktop, please follow these steps:

• To enter this transaction in TurboTax, log into your tax return and type "1099-MISC" in the search bar then select "jump to 1099-MISC". TurboTax will guide you in entering this information

How to enter income from Self Employment

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4801198 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
    Manage cookies