Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I’m working in US with H2A visa 9-10 months a year, otherwise I’m from Europe and live there. I couldn’t choose H2A visa but my coworkers could. How I can fox my taxes?

H2A visa, non-immigrant
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

I’m working in US with H2A visa 9-10 months a year, otherwise I’m from Europe and live there. I couldn’t choose H2A visa but my coworkers could. How I can fox my taxes?

It depends.  Are you trying to file your return as a resident or non-resident? It sounds like you are a resident for tax purposes because you do meet the substantial presence test   for the year being in the country 9-10 months. 

I am confused by your question when you state you are here on a H2A visa but you couldn't choose it. Choose it where? I am not sure what question you are asking here?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks! 
My coworkers had missunderstanding and just found out that they actually couldn’t choose visa on the form. Still weird that they (6 person) are having federal taxes back (refund) with same information but two of us doesn’t.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies