Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lbeedee

I'm trying to file but it doesn't send me an email confirmation code. It keeps sending me in a loop. I'm in Australia so I can't easily call. How do I get it to file?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I'm trying to file but it doesn't send me an email confirmation code. It keeps sending me in a loop. I'm in Australia so I can't easily call. How do I get it to file?

First, be sure the 6-digit code is not ending up in your email's spam/junk folder or another email address you have.  

See this FAQ on some tips, which also includes info on how you can change the email address in your Account Settings, if you wish to use another email address.

Remember to keep the tab/window open that's asking you for the code while you go to your email to get the code.   If you close that original tab/window, it resets everything, and the code would be seen as invalid.  Use a second tab or second window or a different browser to check your email.  Or use your phone to check your email for the code while leaving the computer window open.

FAQ: What if I'm having trouble with my filing verification code?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/security/help/what-if-i-m-having-trouble-with-my-filing-verificati...

lbeedee

Thank you, @mesquitebean. Yes it’s definitely not coming to my email spam or anywhere else, I’m using my phone to check my email so I’m not navigating away. I am successfully getting these community emails to my email account though so I don’t know what the issue is with email. I don’t have a second email address so I can’t try changing that. When I say I didn’t receive a code, it just shows a little waiting sign and then doesn’t move from the page. That makes me think that the software is malfunctioning.

do you know how I can escalate this with TurboTax employees other than phoning which is prohibitively expensive from Australia?

thank you for your time.

@ lbeedee wrote:

Thank you, @ mesquitebean. Yes it’s definitely not coming to my email spam or anywhere else, I’m using my phone to check my email so I’m not navigating away. I am successfully getting these community emails to my email account though so I don’t know what the issue is with email. I don’t have a second email address so I can’t try changing that. When I say I didn’t receive a code, it just shows a little waiting sign and then doesn’t move from the page. That makes me think that the software is malfunctioning.

do you know how I can escalate this with TurboTax employees other than phoning which is prohibitively expensive from Australia?

thank you for your time.

The buffering/loading sign makes me wonder if it's a browser issue.   Are you using any script blocker extension?   Here are some things to try with your browser, and I've also included another way to reach TurboTax Support.

Log out of TurboTax and clean/empty your browser Internet cache.

Close the browser and reopen it.

Be sure you are allowing TurboTax/Intuit cookies, and try to get the code again.

If that didn't change anything, try using a private window (incognito mode.)

If that didn't make a difference, if you have a different browser at hand, have you tried using it?   It may not change anything, but it's something to try. 

If you have Facebook or Twitter, you can private message a TurboTax support employee at one of those.  Don't post any personal/sensitive info in the public area of those platforms.

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

@lbeedee 

ADDENDUM:  

In addition to the above suggestions, if you're using a VPN, perhaps it doesn't like the VPN connecting to that server that sends out the code.  I don't know if that can happen; I don't know a lot of the tech about VPNs.  Kinda just thinking out loud--throwing stuff on the wall to see if anything sticks.  😁

I would try the other things I mentioned first, since I assume if you're using a VPN you need it for security at your location, especially with something as sensitive as a tax return.   Or can you hard-wire to a protected Ethernet connection?

lbeedee

Hi @mesquitebean , I took your advice and connected with TurboTax help using Facebook. In the end I had to create a new email address and that worked. A bit frustrating that I had to do it that way but it is what it is.

Thank you so much for your time, it was

very helpful.

You're welcome.  I'm glad you were able to reach Support through Facebook for help.   Good luck!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies