turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Kevin19

I just filed an extension via Turbotax and set up a payment. Where can I view the record of this extension and payment? I received an email but without documentation.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
KellyH

I just filed an extension via Turbotax and set up a payment. Where can I view the record of this extension and payment? I received an email but without documentation.

If you filed you extension before today you should get an email notification within 48 hours, which it sounds like you received. You can also go to the TurboTax Check Your E-File Status website for the status of the e-filed extension. If the extension was received and accepted, there will be date/time stamps when it was received and accepted. 

Kevin19

Thank you, I did just this second receive an email saying the extension was accepted. However, I'm referring to a copy of the paperwork itself, I think it's IRS Form 4868. Is there anywhere I can go to view that actual paperwork and save/print it for my records?
KellyH

I think the answer to your question is in this FAQ <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4736887">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4736887</a>
Kevin19

Thank you, that is helpful and I am able to navigate there. However, when I get there it only lists years 2014-2017. The current year's documents (2018) is not even listed as a possible option.
KellyH

I'm not sure I have the answer to this unfortunately. I don't see any other resources on this topic if 2018 is not listed.
Kevin19

thanks for your help.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies