If you did not receive your first and/or second stimulus payment or if the amount received is not correct or if you did not receive the stimulus for a dependent child under age 17, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.
In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:
- Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
- Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
- On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
- Follow the interview
- TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
- Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
What if turbo tax also ignores the dependent and says the amount is correct? That is happening to me and I can’t find a way to correct it. Well under the income level to qualify, and 3 child dependents, only received stimulus for 2 of them each time.
TurboTax will include the dependents if all qualifying children are listed in your tax return. See Who can I claim as my dependent? for specifics.
To adjust the Second Stimulus amounts in TurboTax, follow these steps:
- In your return, click the Other Tax Situations tab toward the top of the page
- Scroll down to the end and click Let's keep going
- At Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click Continue
- Be sure to report the stimulus payments as received for each, the first and the second, stimulus payments and click Continue
For more information, please refer to: Questions and Answers about the Second Economic Impact Payment.
To check what payment amount you can expect from the IRS, go to: Get My Payment Link.