turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm getting an error message: 1040/1040SR Wks: Line 11 is too large. Can't get it fixed

This won't let me submit and I tried to delete the extra forms and start again and it still wouldn't work.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I'm getting an error message: 1040/1040SR Wks: Line 11 is too large. Can't get it fixed

That's not line 11 of Form 1040. It's line 11 of the Deferral Smart Worksheet for Schedule 3 line 12e. To get rid of the error, don't enter anything on line 11. When the error comes up, delete the zero (or whatever is there) and leave the box empty.

If line 10 of the Smart Worksheet is negative, you are not eligible to defer any of the Social Security portion of the self-employment tax.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

That's not line 11 of Form 1040. It's line 11 of the Deferral Smart Worksheet for Schedule 3 line 12e. To get rid of the error, don't enter anything on line 11. When the error comes up, delete the zero (or whatever is there) and leave the box empty.

If line 10 of the Smart Worksheet is negative, you are not eligible to defer any of the Social Security portion of the self-employment tax.

Federal review won't let me have an empty box. It gives me a popup saying invalid entry.

Having the same problem - "1040/1040SR Wks: Line 11 is too large".

Cannot delete the red "0." that TurboTax put there. Highlighting it and clicking on it brings up a Supporting Details box.  Highlighting it and hitting Ctrl X does nothing, as does Ctrl D.  Copying a blank line from the form and pasting it in the line 11 box won't work either.  

POSSIBLE FIX:

Since I do have a -ve amount (i.e. a refund) on line 10, I used Ctrl D to set line 10 to zero -- and the error message for line 11 is now fixed.    

I was having the same problem - "1040/1040SR Wks: Line 11 is too large".

I couldn't delete the red "0." that TurboTax put there. Highlighting it and clicking on it brings up a Supporting Details box.  Highlighting it and hitting Ctrl X does nothing, as does Ctrl D.  Copying a blank line from the form and pasting it in the line 11 box won't work either.  

POSSIBLE FIX:

Since I do have a -ve amount (i.e. a refund) on line 10, I used Ctrl D (override) to set line 10 to zero -- the error message for line 11 is now fixed and the federal review found no errors.    

Don't delete it on the form, that won't work. Delete it in the entry box about the form.

Where is  the entry box about the form?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@MikeO1  The Supporting Details on line 11 is what is causing your problem. Open the Supporting Details. At the top of the Supporting Details window click Remove, then click Yes to confirm the removal.

Then remove the override from line 10. It's okay for line 10 to be negative. An override will prevent e-filing and voids the accurate calculations guarantee.

After removing the Supporting Details, line 11 will be empty. With line 11 empty and the override removed, the error should be gone.

Yes, that worked.  Thank you!

How exactly do you do this? I'm having the same issue and I'm not trying to defer my self employment tax payments

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@tm31765  In Smart Check, when you get the error "1040/1040SR Wks: Line 11 is too large," delete the zero, or whatever is on line 11. Leave the box empty. That will get rid of the error.

I did that but when I went back the same thing pops up. I'm guessing just to leave it blank and keep couniting to override the error. I'm at the end and its not saying a mistake and letting me file. Did I do it correct if this is happening? 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@tm31765  If Schedule 3 line 12e is blank, or if there is no Schedule 3 in your tax return, then it should be okay.

this is under deferral for certain schduele H or SE filers smart worksheet.  12e is blank  

James1967

1. double click line 11 in forms

2.  Supporting details will pop up

3.   check box. (do not print)

4.  click "remove supporting details"

line 11 will go blank and problem fixed

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies