mehgan-c

I'm due a refund on 2019 taxes for unemployment. This was announced after I filed. I haven't paid what IRS says I owe yet because of this. Do I pay or wait?

Mike9241

2019 is the wrong year. it's UC received in 2020 if you qualify.

mehgan-c

You are correct. I apologize. I meant to say tax year 2020.

Do NOTHING ... the IRS will eventually recalculate the return and send you any extra refund you are eligible for but this could take the rest of the summer so be patient.  

mehgan-c

That's what I've been doing, and what I am inclined to do. My only concern is the past due notices I've gotten in the mail. I'm assuming the IRS just hasn't updated their system to prevent the notices on the accounts needing adjustments.