Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mehgan-c

I'm due a refund on 2019 taxes for unemployment. This was announced after I filed. I haven't paid what IRS says I owe yet because of this. Do I pay or wait?

4 Replies
Mike9241
Level 15

I'm due a refund on 2019 taxes for unemployment. This was announced after I filed. I haven't paid what IRS says I owe yet because of this. Do I pay or wait?

2019 is the wrong year. it's UC received in 2020 if you qualify.

mehgan-c

You are correct. I apologize. I meant to say tax year 2020.

Critter-3
Level 15

Do NOTHING ... the IRS will eventually recalculate the return and send you any extra refund you are eligible for but this could take the rest of the summer so be patient.  

mehgan-c

That's what I've been doing, and what I am inclined to do. My only concern is the past due notices I've gotten in the mail. I'm assuming the IRS just hasn't updated their system to prevent the notices on the accounts needing adjustments.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.48m
Members

2.61m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v