Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mehgan-c

I'm due a refund on 2019 taxes for unemployment. This was announced after I filed. I haven't paid what IRS says I owe yet because of this. Do I pay or wait?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I'm due a refund on 2019 taxes for unemployment. This was announced after I filed. I haven't paid what IRS says I owe yet because of this. Do I pay or wait?

2019 is the wrong year. it's UC received in 2020 if you qualify.

mehgan-c

You are correct. I apologize. I meant to say tax year 2020.

Do NOTHING ... the IRS will eventually recalculate the return and send you any extra refund you are eligible for but this could take the rest of the summer so be patient.  

mehgan-c

That's what I've been doing, and what I am inclined to do. My only concern is the past due notices I've gotten in the mail. I'm assuming the IRS just hasn't updated their system to prevent the notices on the accounts needing adjustments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies