Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DmitryB

I'm charged $119 for "TurboTax Premier" at checkout, while the posted price on the web site is $89. Why is the difference?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I'm charged $119 for "TurboTax Premier" at checkout, while the posted price on the web site is $89. Why is the difference?

@ DmitryB wrote:  "I'm charged $119 for "TurboTax Premier" at checkout, while the posted price on the web site is $89. Why is the difference?"

EDITED  4/18/2022 at 1:11 AM  Pacific to include info on both Online and desktop TurboTax.

We don't know with any certainty what you are buying.  We only know you are using "checkout" for something but don't know "which" Premier you are referring to.  We don't know if the $119 you are witnessing is referring to Online TurboTax or desktop software.   I'll tell you about pricing for both.

If you are referring to the desktop Premier software (CD/download), if purchased directly from TurboTax, it is $110 plus sales tax.  So that could be around $119.    Is that your situation?

The information below is for Online Premier.

Federal return  $89

State return  $49

Plus possible sales tax

If  you're referring to Online Premier, I don't know where your $119 fee is coming from.   Ironically, $119 is the price of a Federal return in the Self-Employed Edition.   If you are using Online TurboTax, are you sure you are in Premier?   With your return open, what is displayed in the top left corner near the TurboTax icon?  What edition is shown there?

If you are using Online TurboTax, check your fees this way:

With your return open, go to the left menu column and click on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.

In the Tools window, choose MY FEES.

@DmitryB   I added more info to my answer above to include info about both the Online and desktop Premier Edition, since it's not clear which one you are referring to.   It now explains the pricing structure for each.

DmitryB

That's for the detailed answer and confirming that $89 is the correct price that I should have for TurboTax Premier Online.

I'm using TurboTax Online. I'm using TurboTax (all online) for several years and what I did, I basically logged in and started filling in my information for this year. When I was done and ready to file, there was a check out step, where I had to pay for TurboTax. It specifically stated "TurboTax Premier" - $119 (plus $49 for state as a separate item). As it was more that I expected, I double checked that multiple times. I also noticed that it coincides with Self-Employed, but it was Premier.

I was able to "fix" it, though, by looking for "Service Code" online and using a link, that redirected me to TurboTax. After that the price became $89 (still the same TurboTax Premier) and I proceeded to filing.

I'm not sure if this was a glitch or intended behavior, but it's disappointing that the price at checkout is not the same as advertised one.

@DmitryB 

That is really odd!   Sorry you had that trouble, but I don't know what caused it.   I don't work for TurboTax, so I can't explain it.   But I'm glad you were able to get it go back to $89. 

I don't know anything about the link you used.   Of course, these days people have to be very careful clicking on links seen in Internet searches for fear of spam/scam sites, ID theft, etc.   So hopefully you took precautions when evaluating it.

scothay

I am having same issue.  Check out price is $119. Started price listed by TurboTax was $89

@scothay wrote:

I am having same issue.  Check out price is $119. Started price listed by TurboTax was $89

There was an early filer price effective before March 1.  On March 1 the price increased to the standard price.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies