Solved: I’m a married student with a 1 year old son with no income we are living with my parents, can my parents claim us in their income tax?

I’m a married student with a 1 year old son with no income we are living with my parents, can my parents claim us in their income tax?

I’m a 25 year old veteran I just got out the service in January 2017, my wife and 1 year old we live with my parents. We r both going to school. My wife is 20. Can they claimed all of us in my parents income tax?

Maybe.  You can claim a child - or grandchild - as a dependent on your 2017 taxes as long as they meet the following requirements:

• They are related to you.
  • They aren't claimed as a dependent by someone else.
  • They are a U.S. citizen, resident alien, national, or a Canadian or Mexican resident.
  • They aren’t filing a joint return with their spouse.
  • They are under the age of 19 (or 24 for full-time students). There is no age limit for permanently and totally disabled children.
  • They live with you for more than half the year (exceptions apply).
If you and your wife have been attending school and not working, you will likely qualify as dependents, as will your baby.  The easiest way to figure out who you may claim a dependent is to enter the information in TurboTax, and the program  will determine if you can be claimed.

• They are related to you.