tmckinn

I'm a Fidelity customer, how do access the special offer of free version of TurboTax Online Premier?

To get any sponsored discount, you must always enter Turbotax though the special link at your provider's web site. You cannot get the discount if you prepare your return using the Turbotax.com web site. See this Turbotax FAQ:

To get your partner discount, make sure to prepare your taxes at the special TurboTax site provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company – not at TurboTax.com, which charges the non-affiliate price.

1.     Go to the special website provided by your bank, credit union, or insurance company and click the TurboTax link or icon.

o   This will take you to the special TurboTax-branded affiliate site with the discounted pricing.

2.     Select your product, sign in, and start on your tax return.

3.     When you get to the Review your order screen (in the File section) you'll see the discounted price along with the message Your discount has been applied.

Please note that our agents are unable to apply or issue refunds for affiliate discounts if the return was prepared at the regular TurboTax.com site.

Related Information:

GEN87101

Related Information:

GEN87101

tmckinn

From the Fidelity Link, TurboTax shows two versions for a price (not the free version Fidelity mentioned).  I then scrolled down the page and clicked on "additional products" only then did I see the version that Fidelity offered.

And until you pay for or register the account you MUST log in thru that web site EVERY TIME ... if you don't you will lose the special pricing.
danya-tess

So that means if we started our 2018 from the app, we have to delete everything and start over through the web version, correct.
jimmy1

Wow. Adding so much customer friction to avoid providing a discount is an extremely poor way of running a business.