patel199918

I'm a 21 year old college student and my parents claim me as a dependent. (They pay for more than half of my support cost). Will I receive any stimulus check?

My parents have received their stimulus checks. I haven't received any stimulus payments up until now.

Dependents do not receive stimulus checks.   You are not eligible.   Your parents can receive the 3rd stimulus check for a dependent who is still a student.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-will-the-stimulus-package-impact-me/01/1393859...

patel199918

Thanks for the info.

In order to become eligible for 3rd stimulus check, would it be helpful to remove myself as a dependent from my parent's tax filing for 2020?