Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I live in Orange County California and believe I have an extension to file by October 16th. Please confirm

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
JulieS
Expert Alumni

I live in Orange County California and believe I have an extension to file by October 16th. Please confirm

Yes, that is correct. You have until October 16 to file your federal and California taxes. Click here to see the IRS news release.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gdub11

I live in Orange County California as well.  So with the Oct 16 filing deadline there are no extensions or forms needed to be filled out prior to Apr 18 even if I owe money?

I don’t think you need to do anything but maybe a tax pro could respond 

MonikaK1
Expert Alumni

Victims of severe winter storms, flooding, and mudslides in California beginning January 8, 2023, now have until October 16, 2023, to file various Federal individual and business tax returns and make tax payments. Orange County, CA is included in the areas affected.

Residents and businesses in Alameda, Colusa, Contra Costa, El Dorado, Fresno, Glenn, Humboldt, Kings, Lake, Los Angeles, Madera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Merced, Mono, Monterey, Napa, Orange, Placer, Riverside, Sacramento, San Benito, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Francisco, San Joaquin, San Luis Obispo, San Mateo, Santa Barbara, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Tulare, Ventura, Yolo, and Yuba counties who have been affected by severe winter storms, flooding and mudslides are eligible for tax relief.

See this IRS news release, which was last updated on February 23, 2023, for more details. 

See here for the latest guidelines for California state taxes. California also extended its deadlines for filing and payment to October 16, 2023, for those in the affected areas. 

If you live in one of the counties listed, you don't need to file an extension.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies