I live in China, and had a duaghter born in 2019. I have to fill in her SSN number, but we haven't left the country yet so she doesn't have one. Can I not file with her?

To claim your daughter on your 2019 tax return, you must wait until she has a social security number.  You do not have to wait until you return to the United States to apply. 

Click on the following link for information on how to contact the Social Security Office that serves residents living in China: Social Security Manila Federal Benefits Unit.

To be eligible for the full child tax credit, your daughter needs to have a social security number issued by the deadline to file the 2019 tax return, including extensions.

File an extension now so that you will have until October 15, 2020, to obtain her social security number.  Once you receive her number, you can file the return.

To file an extension in TurboTax, type the term file an extension and then click on the button File extension.

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter!