I keep seeing references to my ex wife even though...

I keep seeing references to my ex wife even though we have been divorced for 2 years. I cannot answer honestly to these questions as I do not know the answer

example: Did you or Kelly pay any car registration fees?
and
Did you or Kelly pay taxes on a boat, motorcycle, RV, or plane?
I cannot answer for her

Have you changed your personal information from married to single? You need to change any personal information that references your former spouse. 

Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.
**If this post is helpful please click on "thumbs up"**

If your status is "divorced", the program really shouldn't' be asking for spouse information any more.  You can also try changing it to "single" in the personal interview, this is the same thing.  (It should not be married filing separately or married filing jointly!)

It may be necessary to start a new Turbotax online account if the program is stuck with your spouse's name.

However, as long as you have selected "single" as your filing status, then you can ignore any time the program says "did you and Kelly ...." and just assume it is saying "did you..."

Yes, my personal information is listed as divorced and I am filing single. I actually cannot find any reference to Kelly anywhere

@coxycoxy wrote:

Odd.  I suspect that your spouse's name was not removed from one or more of the internal program worksheets.  Since you can't see the worksheets when using Turbotax online, you would have to call customer support.  But I think you can just ignore it.

If you get an error message when you try to file, you may need to call customer support, or you may need to start over with a fresh turbotax account and start from scratch.  I hope that's not necessary but I can't see your file to know why this is happening.