I keep having to fix my "contributions" for form 1...

redloki117

I keep having to fix my "contributions" for form 104AD for "Spouse Military Ret." and I cant get it to accept that I never paid into it. What can I do to fix this issue?

It is for the state of Colorado, and it keeps saying its for box 6 of form 104AD
BillM223

I don't understand. Line 6 is asking for the sum of any 1099-R distributions from the spouse's military retirement benefits, not contributions to it.

First, are there 1099-Rs entered into your return?

Second, did you indicate that at least one of the belonged to the spouse?

Third, in the screens after you entered this 1099-R data, did you indicate that this was military retirement?

Fourth, is this distribution appearing on line 5b (or added into 5b) on the 1040 (it should be).

Fifth, is TurboTax trying to subtract this distribution from line 6 on the 104AD (it should be)?

Does this all make more sense now?

redloki117

Thank you for your questions, I did not have a 1099-R form in my returns, I indicated when I checked my personal information that I was single, have never been married to date, I had not been in the military for 10 years and had nothing paid into a retirement fund. I am not sure why TurboTax was trying to subtract from line 6 on form 104AD. It was line 6 that TurboTax had an issue with. I finally tried emptying the box out, leaving it blank and submitted it. TurboTax finally accepted the empty box and allowed me to file. I do not know why TurboTax had an issue this year, I had never had that happen to me in the last 10 years of filing with them. I am going to continue operating as though TurboTax had a hiccup for me.