thisistuyendoan

I keep getting an error when trying to submit my 1095-A. Has anyone else had the same issue?

GloriaL

I would recommend going back to your 1095-A and reviewing your entries.  Many times if there is an entry in an error that should not be, it creates an error.

For any boxes that do not have an amounts in on your 1095-A, you would leave them blank, instead of entering a zero.

You need to go back to the 1095-A input screen to check your entries:

1. Open TurboTax.
  2. In the Search box type in 1095-A.
  3. Click on “Jump to 1095-A”.
  4. This will take you the screen where you entered the information for your 1095-A.
  5. Click on Edit.
  6. On that screen check to see if you entered and zeros, if so delete them and leave those boxes blank.
  7. Click on Continue.

MariaRib

When entering the Part II Column A numbers, my form has all zeros for B and C.  TT instructions are to leave these BLANK.  However, when I leave them blank, I get an error telling me they MUST have an entry.  So which way??

MaryM428

This is caused by a browser error.  The browser has put something in the field and even though it looks blank there is some character that you cannot see.

Use the Chrome browser, not the app

1. Click the three dots in the upper right corner
  2. Select Settings
  3. Privacy and Security
  4. Clear browser data for all time
  5. I
  6. Then sign in to TurboTax on the Chrome browser
  7. Go to Tax Tools,
  8. Tools, Delete a Form and delete your 1095-A 
  9. Go to the program and enter the 1095-A again being careful not to type in any field that should be blank
  10.  Run Review again.
  11. The error should be gone.

Form 1095-A is a form that is sent to Americans who obtain health insurance coverage through a Health Insurance Marketplace carrier. The form does not have to be returned to the government but serves as a record of the individual's coverage.

MariaRib

I'm not using a browser.  I purchased the desktop version.  There's nothing to clear as far as I can tell.  I've tried to do it in the Forms but the same problem comes up.

DawnC

Have you tried deleting the forms that you have started and re-entering them?   First, delete all the 1095-A forms that have been started.   Sometimes, when trying to fix one error, another form is started and when you get an error message, it is actually referencing a different form than the one you are working on.   So delete all the forms in that section.  

Once you are sure there are no Form 1095-As in your return, re-enter your 1095-A.   If you have a Form 1095-B or Form 1095-C, those don't get entered into TurboTax, just keep them with your tax records.  Form 1095-A can have blank fields, but for any month that you had coverage, there has to be an entry in columns A and B.    If there were months that you were not covered, columns A and C should be $0 or blank.    @MariaRib