turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My Refund was accepted on 1.16.19 and today it is giving me an error. reference code 9001. this is my first year using turbo tax. any help? should i be worry?

I called yesterday and was told that 9001 code is a systemic error,  the refund has not gone through to the main processing,  not until 1/28/19.

My Refund was accepted on 1.16.19 and today it is giving me an error. reference code 9001. this is my first year using turbo tax. any help? should i be worry?

Thanks for some peace of mind

It is not technically a "systemic error" so much as you are trying to use a tool that is not yet functional ... lots of things are delayed this year due to all the tax law & form changes and then add in the gov shutdown ... everyone needs to be patient.

I'm depending on my tax refund this year so when I got this message I've been freaking out to.  I've used Turbo Tax every year for the past 4 and never received this message.  So I'm on hold with the IRS right now to see what's going on.  I will let everyone know the answer I get too

The IRS does not even open for processing until Jan 28 so the WMR will not be available until at least then.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

And gook luck calling the IRS since there call centers are part of the government shut down.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Let us know thanks

Really stop worrying ... the code 9001 is only a "holding code" for folks who are using the WMR tool before it is operational ... so you are given the standard "can't find you message" even if you are using the correct info ... PLEASE chill and be patient while the IRS gets up to speed.    <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.optimataxrelief.com/irs-code-9001/">https://www.optimataxrelief.com/irs-code-9001/</a>

Just saying mine is showing in the wheres my refund tool and does not have an error code.

It's not a error code, it's a reference code
bryanmillerbar
Returning Member

I just talked to a very nice lady from the irs and she said that the code 9001 is nothing but a message that took the place of the path act for early filers before the system was officially up and running and in a couple of days it should update to the original path message. And she seen a date for 2/23 and just to keep my eye on wmr in the next couple of days it will update

Like I said ... a general "holding code" for lack of a better term... nothing more nothing less.
SaberCreekRanch
Returning Member

How did you contact them? I just get the automated system.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

Please visit the TurboTax Help article below for more information regarding contacting the Internal Revenue Service. Try first thing when they open as well as at random times during the day. Many have been able to reach a representative that way.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies