Solved: I just received from my Mortgage lender they paid my local county/state taxes as I did not originally report due to not receiving this paperwork until yesterday.

I just received from my Mortgage lender they paid my local county/state taxes as I did not originally report due to not receiving this paperwork until yesterday.

Where do I report this tax information as currently I owe the IRS but I am thinking this may change or lower what I owe.  Help is needed.

It might change or lower the amount you owe, it's definitely worth a try!

Follow these steps to file an amended return:

If you have already filed your return, first print out a copy of your original return for your records.  

Then go into Turbo Tax and click Amend (change) a filed and accepted return under Manage Your Return.    

It's zeroed out (which is why you need to keep a copy of your original return).  You can then add any additional info that you've received, and Turbo Tax walks you through the rest!  

Addresses to Mail Amendments To  

You need to wait till your return is accepted by the IRS before you amend.  

You mail the 1040X along with any schedules that changed as a result of the amendment (except the 1040).   

You also include the federal copy of any new W-2s or any 1099-Rs that had tax withheld.  

Addresses to Mail Amendments To