Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jilus123

I just mailed my tax return to Austin Texas 73301 to The irs and it said delivers to mail room, is it the IRS mail room or the USPS mail room??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

14 Replies
LeeM

I just mailed my tax return to Austin Texas 73301 to The irs and it said delivers to mail room, is it the IRS mail room or the USPS mail room??

That return should ultimately be delivered to the IRS mail room, as long as you used the address on the instructions.

milet22

Did you received your refund? I mailed it and said the same (mail room) Now i am worry about it. TIA
Rikileba8

I have the same problem, did everithing whent good?

If you are a texas resident you can use that mailing address,

Otherwise, you'll have to wait for IRS to forward it to the correct processing center.

bpky
Level 2

I also had the same notice. Did you guys have any problems or was it fine?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

It is the IRS mail room.  Nothing to worry about.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bpky
Level 2

Thank you so much for the helpful response! In the previous years USPS tracking always showed “delivered, left with an individual”, but this year it said “delivered, front desk/reception/mail room”. This change made me a bit worried, but as you pointed out, I will stop worrying. Tax returns always make me nervous 🙂

LeonardS
Expert Alumni

Yes, you have no need to worry.  The USPS has confirmed that your tax return was delivered to the IRS.

bpky
Level 2

Thanks so much!

sree1009

I see my status as "Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room at 11:15 am on March 12, 2020 in AUSTIN, TX 73301." Its more than 4 weeks since IRS received my package. I am still not able to track my refund. Is it not delivered in the correct location?

Cam92

I have the same problem do you know if they have a 

phone number we can call because i literally have that

Same EXACT thing happen to me and ive been waiting longer 

RobertG
Expert Alumni

The IRS is always hard to reach, but is now even harder due to Covid-19.

The IRS is not currently able to process individual paper tax returns. If you already have filed via paper but it has not yet been processed, do not file a second tax return or write to the IRS to inquire about the status of your return or your Economic Impact Payment. Paper returns will be processed   once processing centers are able to reopen. 

IRS operational status

@Cam92

Hi Guys,

I have sent mail return with ITIN form but the package was delivered to 

Delivered, Front Desk/Reception/Mail Room

AUSTIN, TX 73301 

can anyone please let me know if this has reached IRS mail room or should I send a new copy to correct ITIN address.

in case IRS didn't receive it then what are my options in proving to IRS that there is no mistake from myside.

Thanks

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

That address your posted is the IRS Service Center in Austin for tax return mailing.  Do not re-mail; that will only confuse.  

The address to send a return along with ITIN application form W7 and applicable documents is 

Internal Revenue Service
Austin Service Center
ITIN Operation
P.O. Box 149342
Austin, TX 78714-9342

The good news is the Austin Service Center is correct so eventually your documents will get to the right office there.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies