turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

opbak1

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

Seems like a turbo tax issue. I bit the bullet and submitted using HR block. No issues, same refund.  Federal accepted.
h_l60

Reject reason: F2441-022 - If filing status of the return is Married filing separately and Form 2441 is present in the return, then 'EligibilityRequirementMetInd'

opbak1 any luck getting a refund?

Irs updated their page, we should soon be able to efile check this out. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-schema/ty2018_known_issues_and_solutions.xlsx">https://www.irs.gov/pub/i...>
anon-js

They do MeF updates on Sunday from 1am to 7am EST.  That means Sunday morning perhaps we can file.

Good news, hopefully
jaltmeier

Of course I got sick of waiting and dropped my paper return in the mail yesterday. Now it sounds like the issue may get fixed on Sunday. If it is fixed, does anyone know if there are any repercussions if I efile and then the IRS gets my paper return after? Or would they just not process my paper return?
joeshmoe1

Just sharing my experience since I ran into this issue. I mailed my return in right away because I did hear about the March 17 fix and I thought mailing was my only option. I didn't make any changes from when I tried to efile, which was rejected.

Mailed on about 2/12, they received on about 3/11, and just approved yesterday without any issues. I see a scheduled deposit in my account today (3/22). Almost 6 weeks in total. I would guess this would be a typical time frame if you tried to mail.
anon-js

Anyone try yet today?
anon-js

Rejected again.  Printing and mailing.  
gjhickey1

Has anyone else tried filing with another service? I am curious if this is really an IRS issues as another poster said a different service worked.

I redid my taxes with H & R Block tonight FOR FREE and both federal and state returns were accepted, no problem.  It seems the issue is with turbotax, NOT the IRS.  Block charged nothing for exactly the same forms intuit charged me $80 for.  I will NEVER use turbotax again. I can't guarantee H & R Block will work for the rest of you, but it's worth a shot.  Stop wasting your time with this BS excuse from intuit and get your refund ASAP.  There is likely no need to mail.  Just use a better tax prep company.  I'm getting the exact same refunds through Block, with all the same forms filed, only with H & R Block, it actually works.  Smell you later, turbotax!

I just compared my returns from turbotax and H & R Block.  The issue is 100% with turbotax.  Turbotax is putting an amount in box C of section 2 of form 2441.  If you don't qualify for the credit, there should be no amount in this box.  IT has nothing to do with a box not being checked.  Turbotax isn't completing the form correctly, at least not in my case.  Thanks for stealing $80 of my hard-earned money for a worthless tax return, intuit!  I want a refund!
gjhickey1

I just looked at my 2017 taxes, and the form looks very different. For 2018 on line 8 of part 2 TT has "x", the expected value is a number. In 2017 part 1 is just blank. I am filing the same way, I am thinking TT is messing something up. I am going to try to see what happens with HR Block.
gjhickey1

I filed tonight with HR block. It went through fine and was accepted by the IRS. Same exact refund amount. TT seems to be filing out part 2 of the form with bad data, when it doesn't need to be completed anyway, for me anyway.

Ditto on H&R Block for me too.  Same numbers.  Oh, and it was free.  Free free free.  Free free.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies