Solved: I installed and completed my 2016 taxes. Is there a way I can put a used id and password in the program, so I have to enter those to access the returns?

I installed and completed my 2016 taxes. Is there a way I can put a used id and password in the program, so I have to enter those to access the returns?

If my computer is accessed by another person, I don't want them to see my tax return.  Is there a way I can put a password on it, so only I can view it?

You can add a password, but not a user ID to password-protect your tax file in the TurboTax for Windows software?
  1. Open the tax return you want to password-protect.
  2. Go to the File menu and select Password
  3. Fill out the information in the pop-up window and then click Add Password.

Because your password information is stored locally (on your system), we are unable to help with forgotten passwords. Make sure you store it in a safe place, such as a password manager program.

The steps to remove your password are the same, except in Step 3 just click Remove Password.