Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

adampango

I installed a brand new central air conditioner and not sure how much to enter or confirm it achieves the highest efficiency tier established by the CEE? new york yce36

New York Model: YCE36
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I installed a brand new central air conditioner and not sure how much to enter or confirm it achieves the highest efficiency tier established by the CEE? new york yce36

It must be very nice.  But improvements to your own home are not deductible.  Save your receipts for when you sell the house someday.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
adampango

Well then the Turbo Tax form is wrong. It states I can:

Tell Us How Much You Paid for Energy-Saving Improvements
Nice job reducing your carbon footprint! Now tell us how much you paid for these energy-saving improvements to your home.

Note: For doors, windows, roofing and insulation, don't include labor costs for help you received with assembly, preparation or installation - enter just the cost of the product itself.

What about energy-efficient improvements for solar and wind?

Your Cost
 Exterior Doors Learn More
 Exterior Windows Learn More
 Metal or Asphalt Roof Learn More
 Insulation Material or System Learn More
 Energy-Efficient Building Property Learn More
 Advanced Main Air Circulating Fan Used in a Natural Gas,
Propane, or Oil Furnace Learn More
 Furnaces and hot water boilers powered by
natural gas, propane or oil Learn More

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

To verify tax credit eligibility, ask your HVAC contractor to provide the Manufacturer Certification Statement for the equipment.  Air conditioners recognized as ENERGY STAR Most Efficient meet the requirements for this tax credit.  

Requirements
Split Systems:

SEER>= 16
EER >= 13

Package systems:
SEER >= 14
EER >= 12

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies