Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I haven't received any information from my college or from Uber to complete my taxes. What can I do?

I no longer have a phone number and Uber requires me to log in with a password they send as a text to my phone number (which as I mentioned I no longer have)
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

I haven't received any information from my college or from Uber to complete my taxes. What can I do?

Your first order of business is to find a friend who will let you use their phone.

Regarding the 1098-T: Call your college. Have them read to you the amounts in each box on your 1098-T. You will also need the school's EIN and official name and address. If you can download a blank copy of the 1098-T from a computer at your local library before you call, it will help.

Regarding Uber: Use your friend's phone to call Uber and tell them of the phone number. They will have additional questions to ask to make sure it's really you. Then use your friend's phone to log into your account.

Because you worked for Uber, you will count as self-employed, and you are required to file a tax return if you earned more than $400. There will be penalties for failing to file, so please take action to get your documents.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF
Intuit Alumni

Your first order of business is to find a friend who will let you use their phone.

Regarding the 1098-T: Call your college. Have them read to you the amounts in each box on your 1098-T. You will also need the school's EIN and official name and address. If you can download a blank copy of the 1098-T from a computer at your local library before you call, it will help.

Regarding Uber: Use your friend's phone to call Uber and tell them of the phone number. They will have additional questions to ask to make sure it's really you. Then use your friend's phone to log into your account.

Because you worked for Uber, you will count as self-employed, and you are required to file a tax return if you earned more than $400. There will be penalties for failing to file, so please take action to get your documents.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies