Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have turbotax 2014 premier, and it is forcing me to install an update which effectively downgrades me to the deluxe version, which is preventing me from completing

my tax returns
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I have turbotax 2014 premier, and it is forcing me to install an update which effectively downgrades me to the deluxe version, which is preventing me from completing

Desktop  software for 2014 is no longer supported.  You cannot get updates for the software.  You could get the forms from the IRS and prepare them by hand, or seek professional tax help to prepare a 2014 return.  It is too late to get a tax refund for a 2014 return, but if you owe, the IRS wants you to pay your tax due and will bill you later for the penalties and interest you will also owe.

https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/prior-year

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

The software was working fine last week.  I was just needing to print out the return.  But it now is forcing me to install an update which effectively downgraded me to the deluxe version.  And, since I have a K1 distribution, I  require the premier version, and I specifically purchased the premier version on cd a few months back after discussing the matter with turbotax support staff.  But this forced update is causing havoc.  There has got to be a way to turn off this forced update.

I did receive support on this software a few months back related to an issue I was having installing this on a Mac. So I don't understand why I can't get a little help for this issue.  It should be a simple thing.

We cannot help you with this issue from this user forum.  You will have to contact customer support.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday - Friday.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies