turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have to file taxes, only income is SS & a 1095-A. I know I need Form 8962 what other forms do I need. 1040A? How do I start online to file?

My only income is Social Security & I have a 1095-A in which I have to file taxes because I do have dollars in Column C of 1095-A. I know I need the 8962 form but do I have to start with the 1040A form? I haven't started taxes on any site yet. Need to know the steps I need in order to file taxes for 2018 since I haven't had any need to file taxes because I had no income.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanaB
Expert Alumni

I have to file taxes, only income is SS & a 1095-A. I know I need Form 8962 what other forms do I need. 1040A? How do I start online to file?

Because of the new tax law, there is only one form 1040. 1040A and 1040EZ do not exist any longer. TurboTax will walk you through the necessary questions to help file your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DanaB
Expert Alumni

Because of the new tax law, there is only one form 1040. 1040A and 1040EZ do not exist any longer. TurboTax will walk you through the necessary questions to help file your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies